249 E Ocean Blvd #503, Long Beach, CA 90802

Phone: (562) 432-6227

Hablamos Español



  1. Is there a charge for the initial consultation with the Vittoria Firm?

There is typically a $50 charge for an initial 30-minute consultation with one of our attorneys. If you decide to retain our services on the day of the consultation, we discount the $50 charge from your total retainer fee. 

We offer free consultations to those who are in removal proceedings. 


  1. What languages do the attorneys speak?

Maria is a Spanish speaker. Maria also speaks Italian fluently. 


  1. Can I represent myself in Immigration Court?

Yes, you may represent yourself in immigration court, however, we strongly advise against it. When in removal proceedings the government will have a licensed attorney representing them and it is very difficult to win your case without legal representation. Immigration law is very complex and it is important to have an attorney advocating for you in court. 


  1. Can your office guarantee a result? 

No, as attorneys we cannot ethically guarantee a result. What we can guarantee is that we will work diligently on your case and ensure to explore every avenue of relief available. 


  1. How long is the wait for an immigrant visa?

If you are the immediate relative of a U.S. Citizen (spouse, parent, unmarried child) there is no wait for an immigrant visa. However, for all others there may be a wait for an immigrant visa to become available. The Department of State issues a visa bulletin every month summarizing the availability of immigrant visas for different categories of immigrants. The visa bulletin can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html


  1. What are the USCIS fees associated with the immigration process?

A list of the different immigration forms and their USCIS fees can be found at uscis.gov/forms.


  1. Do I qualify to request a waiver of my unlawful presence while in the United States?

A provisional waiver of inadmissibility for unlawful presence is available to beneficiaries of an I-130 petition who do not otherwise qualify to adjust status in the United States. This waiver is available to those who are not subject to any other ground of inadmissibility and to those who are not currently in removal proceedings. 

Those in removal proceedings do not qualify for the provisional unlawful presence waiver and must leave the country and process the waiver while they are abroad. 


  1. Once I have my green card how long will it be valid for?

Generally, a green card is valid for ten years. If you obtain your permanent residency based on a marriage that is less than 2 years old the government will grant you conditional permanent resident status that is valid for 2 years. After 2 years you must petition to remove the conditions on your permanent residency. 


  1. Once I am a permanent resident how long do I have to wait to become a U.S. Citizen?

If you obtained your permanent residency through marriage to a U.S. Citizen and you are still married to that person you are eligible for U.S. Citizenship after 3 years. Otherwise you are eligible for citizenship after 5 years. 


  1. I am a lawful permanent resident and I have been charged with a crime what should I do?

You should contact an experienced attorney right away. Certain criminal convictions carry severe consequences for noncitizens of the United States. At the Law Office of Angela McGill we have experience with the intersection of immigration and criminal law. We can try to negotiate an immigration safe plea with the District Attorney’s office and advise you of the immigration consequences of your plea. 


  1. I have a warrant for my arrest, can the Law Office of Angela McGill help me?

Yes, our office has successfully recalled warrants for several clients. If your case is a misdemeanor we may be able to appear and recall the warrant without your presence. Contact our office to discuss your particular case with one of our attorneys. 


  1. My girlfriend and I had a son. Shortly after our son’s birth she moved out and now won’t let me see my son. What are my rights?

You can file a petition to establish paternity in the superior court requesting an order establishing that you are the father and determining custody, visitation and child support.